All of my necklace sets <3
These can all be purchased at a very low cost on eBay! Just search for “sailor moon necklace” plus the number of pendants you see in a particular set above to see all of the options.
SHUT THE HELL UP
ISHII MIKAKO IS THE SWEETEST, CUTEST PERSON EVER
So, for some context, this is the very last performance of Petite Etrangere. As people who have experience in theatre can attest, the last showing is usually pretty emotional because the cast is sad that their experience is over. Sailor Pluto’s actress, Mikako Ishii, was given the opportunity to speak about her feelings during the curtain call and gave this amazing speech.
First of all, she said “They let me play Sailor Pluto,” not “I’m playing Sailor Pluto.” It’s obvious that she sees her role as a great honor and is very grateful for it. I also love how, because Sailor Moon is now over 20 years old, there are actually people who loved Sailor Moon in their childhoods now being given the opportunity to be a part of it.
Mikako is literally crying throughout her entire speech (both with joy and sorrow), which shows just how much she and the rest of the cast love and care about Sailor Moon, and every person who came to watch them shared that love with them. It’s no wonder that they can feel the love all around them! And then OMG CHIBIUSA AND PLUTO. Even out of character, they still show so much love for each other.
I just love everything about this so much. Sailor Moon will always live on!
I love pulling people into my web of obsessions, haha.
And I actually do have some wank recommendations! :D Also, I recommend this great article that highlights and summarizes 10 of some of the greatest fandom wanks of all time.
NOTE: On the sites that are from the Internet Archive, when there’s an external link to the Fandom Wank website, just go to the URL itself because the Internet Archive won’t let you see it.
- Victoria Bitter/Amy Player/Thanfiction: This is a wank that’s nearly as long and intricate as the MsScribe story (although nobody will truly ever be able to dethrone the Queen of Wank)! There’s a lot, and I do mean A LOT, going on with this saga, so I’ll just go into the events that kickstarted it. Basically, Victoria Bitter (henceforth referred to as VB; also, VB came out as a transman so I’ll be using male pronouns) along with his partner organized several charity events centered around their Lord of the Rings fansite, Bit of Earth. That would be very noble… except for the fact that not a single cent of that money raised went to the causes they were actually raised for. VB just used it to line his pockets. What’s even worse is that several of the LotR actors became involved and were duped, too. This all culminated in a convention; now, we all love to laugh at the scam that was Dashcon, but at least the damn thing actually happened. This supposed charity fan convention never came to fruition, the money was never returned, oh, and three LotR actors actually flew in only to have to crash at VB’s apartment because there was literally nowhere else for them to go. This entire saga is just mind-boggling and I could never do it justice, just like the MsScribe story. If you’re still interested, I recommend doing some Googling, there are tons of write-ups about VB. He’s like a clone of MsScribe, they’re both pathological liars who fabricate entire identities and scam everyone they come across.
- CrystalWank: The largest wank of all time. Its thread has a record-breaking 76 pages and 13,269 comments (to put things in perspective, JournalFen only allows 5,000 comments before a thread locks up. The actual creator of JournalFen lifted the restrictions just so the thread could continue and even called out the subject of the wank when she tried to report the journal). The wank itself isn’t that noteworthy; basically, someone tried to pass off de-watermarked photos as her original photographs and photoshopped herself into several photos of LotR actors (and even photoshopped them into her apartment). A big reason why the wank’s so long is because Crystal herself kept flailing in the comments, leading to a snowball effect.
- The Snapewives: Also known as Snapes on an Astral Plane, this saga is about several women who believed that they were married to Severus Snape and spoke about him like he was a real person.
- Usagi Ko: The Queen of Sailor Moon wank. The drama surrounding Usagi Ko stems from the fact that she believes she IS Usagi Tsukino; she rips on other Sailor Moon cosplayers for cosplaying “her,” calls all of her boyfriends Mamo-chan (not as a cute nickname either, like she actually wants them to be Mamoru), and tries to talk like her. All of this may have been tolerable… if it weren’t for her awful personality. A lot of the wank surrounding Usagi Ko also stems from the fact that she treats everyone like shit, including the people she calls her friends.
- Cassandra Claire: Cassandra Claire has actually become a professional author, known for her popular series, The Mortal Instruments. However, Cass herself is kind of a huge asshole, and a wanky one at that. By far the biggest controversy surrounding her are the accusations of her being a plagiarist. And by “accusations,” I mean that she’s totally a plagiarist. Cass has also been involved in a LOT of drama over the years, more than I could ever cover in this post. Thankfully, she has her very own tag on Fandom Wank.
- The Most Elaborate Art Theft Ever: Basically, some girl named Banrai ripped off another girl, Aido’s, fantasy webcomic wholesale. Like, she literally just copied and pasted Aido’s work, made some minor adjustments, and passed it off as hers. Aido’s not the only victim; Banrai will rip off anyone, including her own art school roommate. This really just needs to be read to be believed.
- Final Fantasy Cult (link 2): A rare wank where both sides are nuts. Basically, a bunch of FF7 fans moved into a house together and everything spiraled downwards from there. I… I just really can’t explain or summarize what went down. I can’t. Shit is FUCKED UP.
- Sephirothslave (WARNING: Link is from Encyclopedia Dramatica, read at your own discretion): Like the Snapewives, she believes that she’s married to Sephiroth and visits him on the astral plane. Yeah.
- Fandom Wank’s Greatest Hits, Wank wiki, Wanks by category: Not wanks, but resources.
I think that’s enough for now! Thanks for giving me an excuse to write all this out, haha.
Can I just say I am hugely, greatly, INSANELY proud of this coloring? Forget modesty, this is gorgeous. :P
I just had to color the always lovely Princess Mars!
I love this picture so much, I’m so glad I was able to finally color it! <3
Since you guys loved the work in progress so much, here’s the final result!
Can you believe this? Here’s another. I know, right? This is it. And this. Oh sure, how about that? This guy hasn’t even heard of it. And that. LOL. Haven’t we all? This. This. WOOOOOOOOO! Okay, that’s almost it. This.
Just in case any of you were under the impression that Buzzfeed isn’t a flaming dumpster.
Xkit mobile is being really shitty for me; it won’t even let me see my messages without crashing. I wouldn’t be as frustrated if I hadn’t, you know, PAYED for it. But I’m not made at the creator himself; the poor Xkit guy needs way more support.
I know we can rag on how horribly DiC tried to conceal the fact that Usagi/Serena was the Moon Princess, but I think a lot of us forget this:
THEY LITERALLY SHOW THE PRINCESS LESS THAN 3 MINUTES INTO THE FIRST EPISODE, ALONG WITH QUEEN SERENITY ADDRESSING SAID PRINCESS AS “PRINCESS SERENA”
And then, 10 FUCKING SECONDS LATER
(it literally is 10 seconds; the first screencap is from 2:48 and the second is from 2:58)
Huh, who could Princess Serena really be? Is it the girl with long blonde hair in buns whose name is Serena? DON’T BE SILLY! NOW STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND LET US LEAD YOU ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE FOR THE NEXT 30 EPISODES.
I understand how precious the first dub is to a lot of people, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking that it was a masterpiece. They absolutely decimated the chance of having any sort of mystery (not that there was much of a mystery to begin with) within the first three minutes of the first episode.
An appreciation post for the beautiful and chic Miss Setsuna Meioh! Talk about haute couture!
This woman epitomizes style and grace! Her profile states that she wishes to be a designer; I headcanon that Sailor Pluto, with the infinite amount of free time she had while guarding the Door of Space-Time, picked up an interest in fashion and learned everything she could about it. After she settled down as Setsuna Meioh, she began designing and creating her own clothing; not only does she wear brands like Gucci and Chanel, she wears her own designs and creations.
DiC mad it so much worse by actually having her BE Princess Serena instead of Princess Serenity, haha. Like I know little kids (the dub’s target audience) can be dense, but even they can grasp the concept of “she has two names.”
They also made Prince Endymion into Prince Darien. I know that Endymion is a Greek name, but it’s super easy to pronounce. It’s pronounced exactly how it’s spelled (unlike other names like Dionysus). It just bugs me an inordinate amount that their names in the past were EXACTLY the same as their names in the present. Like ??????