So as many of you know, I LOVE to analyze. So earlier today I was brainstorming some new (and old) themes and topics I’d like to analyze; to help me keep my thoughts organized, I’ve decided to list and describe them here!
Some of these projects are already underway; If they are, I’ll link you to them.
- Sailor Moon Mythology (Master list): Breaking down all of the mythological connotations in Sailor Moon and how they fit into the series.
- Sailor Moon Astrology (Master list): Taking an in-depth look at each character’s astrology sign and how the traits and attributes associated with each sign fit into their character.
- Character Design Analysis (Master List)- Studying each Senshi’s appearance and how it speaks to their character (examples; Michiru having wavy hair, Minako having blue eyes, etc)
- Anime vs. manga: Comparing and contrasting scenes and artwork as they appear both in the anime and in the manga.
- Puella Magi Usagi Magica: Puella forms: Part of a Sailor Moon/Madoka Magica crossover series. These posts would analyze what each Senshi would look like as a Puella Magi (including their wish, what their outfits and soul gems look like, their fighting style, etc)
- Puella Magi Usagi Magica: The Witches: Part of a Sailor Moon/Madoka Magica crossover series. These posts would analyze what each Senshi would look like as a Witch (including their appearance, reason for falling into despair, witch/barrier/familiar description, etc)
- Outfit analysis: Describing a particular outfit and how it fits into someone’s character; also useful if you’re planning a cosplay!
- Symbolism: Covering the various symbols used throughout the series (Ribbons, roses, butterflies, etc)
- Scene/Theme analysis: Analyzing the deeper themes of Sailor Moon and how they relate to specific scenes.
- Relationship analysis: Taking an in-depth look at how the various characters relate to each other, be it romantic or platonic (for example, Minako and Rei’s friendship, Haruka and Michiru’s romance, etc). Because I’m not a shipper, most of these are going to be friendship analyses.
- Theories: Covering and expanding on my various theories about the Sailor Moon universe (for example, Queen Serenity’s origin story, the background of the Silver Millennium, Sailor Cosmos, etc)
- OC Senshi concepts (partially covered in this tag): I really like making up Senshi ideas based on mythology, so this series would consist of me coming up with ideas for OC Senshi (including their fuku, attacks, background, mythological connotations, etc)
Those are all of my ideas for now; I’ll probably add on later. If you have any ideas you’d like to share or would like me to analyze, don’t be shy and let me know!
I’ve always been intensely interested by Sailor Galaxia’s backstory, or what little of it we’re given.
As said by Galaxia herself, she was born alone on a planet that she deemed “trash.” From what we can see, it apparently had a very harsh environment, forcing Galaxia to live in anguish and loneliness until her powers as a Senshi finally awakened. Finally being able to flee her hellhole of a planet, Galaxia wandered the galaxy in search of power, which she believed would fill the hole she felt inside of her.
Along the way, she heard rumors of the birthplace of all stars: Galaxy Cauldron, located at Sagittarius Zero Star in the very center of the galaxy. These rumors lead her to team up with the entity known as Chaos, who promised her power in exchange for her service. Now with Chaos on her side, Galaxia began her conquest of the galaxy, exterminating entire planets and creating her own legion of Sailor Senshi to do her bidding.
So, I have to wonder: Why was Galaxia, who by her own admission was born on a worthless, trashy planet, gifted with such power? The third page in the photoset shows that she could effortlessly blow entire planets up. To put that into perspective, the only other Senshi who could even compete with that level of destructive power, Sailor Saturn, has to die in order fully unleash her power of destruction. Sailor Galaxia only has to snap her fingers.
Galaxia believed that she was chosen by God, but maybe it was Chaos who chose her instead. Chaos couldn’t conquer the galaxy by itself; it needed a strong warrior whose strings it could pull and manipulate to do its bidding. Chaos, who had merged with the Galaxy Cauldron, could easily send an enormously powerful Star Seed to a desolate planet and wait for it to develop into a powerful, yet lonely and unfulfilled, Sailor Senshi who was desperately seeking a purpose in life. All Chaos would have to do was dangle an enticing offer right in front of her.
Sailor Galaxia is someone I really wish we knew more about. I think an entire series could be written about her!
Let’s do a reverse sale!
So, as some of you may know, I LOVE doujinshi. I’ve been on a collecting spree as of late, but the pickings are a bit slim because I’m very particular when it comes to art style. I scan my doujinshi so I can color them so, as a result, I only buy doujinshi that have panels I want to color.
So my question is, do any of you have any Sailor Moon doujinshi that you’d be willing to part with? You can submit pictures to me and, if I decide I want to buy it from you, we can work out a price. All I ask is that you include several pictures of the inside pages so I can get a good idea of what the artwork is like.
I would really appreciate a chance to expand my doujinshi collection!
This is from one of my own personal doujinshi; it’s such a cute drawing! I love seeing Usagi in braids.
*whines and tries to reach into the screen to grab her*
My favorite pieces from the fifth artbook.
Aaaaayyy who wants to get crazy drunk off of some Sailor Moon booze
Settei (animation artwork) of the Orgel/Star Locket.
Fun fact: According to the Materials Collection, Princess/Neo-Queen Serenity and Super Sailor Moon’s back bows are made out of the same material!