Fun fact: According to the Materials Collection, Princess/Neo-Queen Serenity and Super Sailor Moon’s back bows are made out of the same material!
Kodansha! For a bunch of reasons:
- The translations are better (for example, Usagi is Usagi and not Bunny, Makoto is Makoto and not Lita, etc).
- Authenticity! Mixx Westernized the manga as much as they could, just like the dub. Kodansha keeps in every reference to Japanese culture, including names and suffixes (Minako-chan, Michiru-san, etc).
- On that note, nothing was changed to make the manga more “kid-friendly.” Although Mixx was actually very good at not watering things down, they still were guilty of doing so on a few occasions. Kodansha doesn’t do anything like that.
- They’re much easier to find and much less expensive due to still being in print; the Mixx comics stopped being published over a decade ago.
- The Kodansha translations are the shinsouban version and not the tankobon; you get more pages, updated artwork, colored pages, and many more upgrades.
- You’ll be actively supporting the Sailor Moon industry; because the Mixx versions went out of print so long ago, buying them won’t support anyone except the person who sold them to you.
- You can buy box sets instead of having to individually buy each volume.
I could keep going on, but basically, Kodansha’s version of the manga is superior to Mixx’s in almost every regard.
So I’m rereading the Stars manga, and I just now realized that these two panels of Michiru from Act 51 of the manga (situated only a few pages apart) are basically exactly the same. I’m pretty surprised; this seems rather lazy for Naoko! :P
Something that I absolutely love about Usagi’s final battle with Galaxia is that, in the end, she doesn’t actually harm or fight her. The power of Usagi’s love and forgiveness leads to Galaxia’s redemption, either through her death (manga) or life (anime). Through her selfless actions, she reminds us that the only thing stronger than hate is love and that, in the end, hurting others will only lead to more suffering.
I did it! I finally did it! I have the complete Sailor Moon World gashapon set!
I can’t believe I finally have all of them. I’m so happy!
I’m not sure if you want this, but I came up with 2 different PMMM/Rei crossovers…. (this is the darker one…)