Sailor Asteroids by Drachea Rannak
The Amazon Quartet
I love the Quartet so much better this way! Especially their hair! I’ve always wished that Naoko had made it less crazy. XD
The Quartet’s fuku is interesting in that it combines elements from both the first and final fukus of the main Sailor Team.
Elements from first fuku
- Single-layer skirts
- The back bows
- Unadorned chocker
- Unique earrings (all of the other Eternal forms have uniform star-shaped earrings)
Elements from final fuku
- “Bubble” sleeves (the noticeable difference, however, is that the Quartet’s sleeves are a solid white unlike the others’, which are opaque and are colored corresponding to the main fuku color. In addition, the strips of fabric below the bubble are also colorless.)
- Knee-length boots
- Star-shaped brooch and tiara gem
- Gloves that reach the upper arm
You know Ves Ves was called the beast master of the Dead Moon Circus? I think she has a natural affinity for animals and that stayed with her when she became Sailor Vesta. After she starts living a “normal” life (I put quotations on normal because how normal is the life of a Senshi?) she still stays strongly connected with animals.
- She dream is to become a veterinarian
- She has the ability to speak to animals (meaning she understands what they’re saying)
- She has a large number of pets
- Many of her attacks involve summoning animals made out of energy to attack
Height comparisons for Double Moon and the Amazoness Quartet.
Also, as you can see, Chibiusa gains a bit of height after she transforms. This happens in the manga as well, except she is a full two heads taller there!
I seriously love what the artist did with their hair! I’ve always been disappointed that Naoko never changed their hair when they became Senshi. Those hairstyles are cool, but just way too wonky and attention-grabbing! XD
I would LOVE to see them have hairstyles like this normally!
You’ve done it now Tumblr! I was surprised how many people were interested in the Chibi Usa x Helios doujinshi idea I had tossed out in my last post and now my Muse won’t leave me alone.
I’ve been brainstorming the story for the last couple of days and right now I have something that resembles a working plot. Plenty of wrinkles still need to be smoothed out, and it ain’t going to be very original (or possibly even logical >_>). To help me think
and to appease my Muse without actually starting to draw a doujinshi since that’s a big commitmentI’ve drawn some rough sketches of the school uniform/civilian outfits for the characters and came up with civilian identifies for the Quartet and Helios. (And yes, your eyes do not deceive you; the Maenads are maids. I promise it makes sense in the context of the plot XD;;)
Given that my Muse is working full time on this, I’ll have to put fanfic writing on hold while I go through the motions and get this out of my system. I really can’t say how long my Muse is going to stay entertained by this idea, but I’ll run with it for as long as she’s willing to cooperate. But don’t hold your breath because if my Muse is anything, she is fickle. :p
Oh I really really really LOVE the look of this, I’m actually a huge fan of the maidens being maids :D I’m really really looking forward to this!
I’m definitely on board for this!
Japanese name: ベスベス
Romanized name: Besubesu
Alignment/Organization: Dead Moon, Dead Moon Circus
Subgroup: Amazoness Quartet
Superior: Zirconia, Queen Nehelenia
First appearance: Episode 150
Last appearance: Episode 166
Voiced by: Junko Hagimori
Status: Alive and reformed.
- VesVes’ name is derived from the asteroid Vesta, which is named after the Roman goddess Vesta.
- VesVes is considered to be Sailor Mars’ counterpart.
- In the manga, VesVes eventually became Sailor Vesta. She was a member of the Sailor Quartet, the four future senshi destined to protect Sailor Chibimoon. However, the Dead Moon prematurely awakened VesVes and turned her into an enemy of the Sailor Senshi. Once the Dead Moon was defeated, Neo-Queen Serenity restored the Amazoness’ true nature with the Silver Crystal.
- VesVes technically first appeared (in silhouette) in episodes 148 and 149, but her official debut was in episode 150.
- She was a beast tamer, and all of her lemures resembled animals.
- Junko Hagimori also voiced Marzipan (episode 76) and Tenko (episode 134).