I bought another Sailor Moon coloring book off of eBay, and it just so happened to have this amazing picture of Saturn! This is one of my personal favorite colorings because it was so much fun to do.
…She always had been a curious girl.
Sailor Moon Crystal-style Outer Senshi by xuweisen
First stop on my collection tour is Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn!
Given what little merchandise there is of Saturn, I’m very happy that I have as much as I do! The Mistress 9 doll is fanmade, however.
The Silence Glaive
First appearance: Act 37 (Manga); Episode 125 (Anime)
The Silence Glaive is the polearm weapon wielded by Sailor Saturn. She uses it for nearly all of her attacks and is seldom seen without it, much like Pluto and her Garnet Rod. Using the Silence Glaive, Sailor Saturn could preform the attacks Silence Glaive Surprise, Silence Wall, Death Reborn Revolution, and Galactica Cannon.
The Silence Glaive is a symbol of the end of everything. Using it, Sailor Saturn could directly harness the full potential of her powers of destruction. When she wordlessly brought down the Glaive, the full power of destruction would be unleashed and the entire planet Saturn was on would turn into dust. This devastating power was only seen once in the manga, after the fall of the Silver Millennium; after everyone but the Outer Senshi had died, Sailor Saturn was summoned and quickly wiped out the remnants of the once prosperous world.
However, using the full power of the Silence Glaive was a double-edged sword; if Sailor Saturn used this power, she would also die. Despite that, Saturn was capable of using a wide array of attacks with the Silence Glaive that did not harm her or anyone else outside of the enemy.
- The Silence Glaive seems to be based on two mythical scythes, both of which have a connection to Sailor Saturn. They are the sickle of Saturn/Cronus (which is where Saturn’s planetary symbol comes from) and the scythe of the Grim Reaper.
- Contrary to a common fan misconception, the Silence Glaive is not a Talisman.
- It seems as though Saturn has to consciously wish for the end of the world when she brings down the Silence Glaive for its destructive powers to be unleashed; the blade is seen on the ground several times during the series (usually after Saturn dropped it) and nothing happened at all.
- In the manga, the Silence Glaive’s ultimate attack was the wordless one Saturn used to bring about the end of the world. In the anime, however, it seems to be Silence Glaive Surprise.
- The Silence Glaive isn’t merely a force of destruction; it can also be used to create a disorienting mist (the manga version of Silence Glaive Surprise) and can even create a protective barrier (Silence Wall).
Stress doodle from last night. Purple’s my favourite colour, but damn if I’m sick of it by now.