Journey to the Future! Battle in the Space-Time Corridor (3/?)
A great calamity befell the Earth that you live on now. And the Earth settled into a cold sleep. It slumbered on for a long, long time. In time, it became the 30th century and with the power of the Silver Crystal and Neo-Queen Century, Earth was awakened. And with Neo-Queen Serenity as their queen, Earth began to prosper, centered around the future city, Crystal Tokyo.
I was asked about the “great calamity” that befell onto the Earth and what my headcanon is. I go into depth on another post, but what I basically thought was that rather than an actual villain putting the Earth in a great sleep, I figured it was mankind itself, and the Chaos that lives in individuals themselves. So that could be a host of things meaning environmental chaos, the Earth itself going into an ice age due to the dark thoughts of civilization….etc.
I actually like this type of lead in to the future because there are so many possibilities but regardless, Usagi is able to redeem the Earth from anything. I love it. And I love her.
They show Serenity descending from the moon, so I’ve always wondered if she was just, like, chilling on the moon the entire time. Haha.
I love your theory, Claud! I remember it being stated in some medium that Serenity saved Earth from a second ice age. That ice age being a result of human interference is a great idea.
A perfect family that goes for walks in the rain.
I can’t fucking handle it. ADOPT MEEE.
I love how, even though she’s the ruler of the entire world, NQS takes the time to spend time with her family. We see them eating out at a restaurant, frolicking in a flower patch, and taking walks in the rain. It’s clear that Serenity and Endymion take a lot of time out of their busy lives to lavish attention on their daughter and spend time together as a family, which is what makes it so sad when Wiseman convinces Chibiusa that her parents (in particular, her mother) don’t care about her and neglect her.
Dimande just doesn’t care about your warnings.
*shamelessly going to use as a reaction pic*
Okay, seeing Usagi in this dress always makes me want to gag.
Because…she wasn’t wearing that dress before. That means that Demando (or someone else, but let’s be realistic, it was probably him) dressed her up like that. Not only is that just disgusting anyway, but it’s supposed to resemble her Neo-Queen Serenity dress. And that also makes me mad. He’s trying to make a 14 year old girl look like a physically aged 22 year old woman (who is actually a lot older mentally).
Seriously, why do people ship them again?
I really try not to get down on people for what they ship, but Demando is DISGUSTING. He’s a complete pervert and possible misogynist and pedophile. Ugh.
When Usagi and Mamoru first bumped into each other and met each other, how could they not remember each other as kids when she gave him the rose?
In my opinion, it’s because Usagi was only a few years old and Mamoru had just gone through a traumatic experience. I personally barely remember anything that happened to me before age five (Usagi seems to be about 3-4 years old here, going off of her and Shingo’s age difference). Mamoru was so traumatized by losing his parents that he couldn’t remember anything that happened beforehand or, it seems, for a time afterwards, considering that he didn’t immediately remember Fiore.
And then Mako-chan shows up all protective and KICKS THREE OR FOUR GUYS TO GROUND without breaking a sweat.
And when Ami’s like “…oh no please stop…”
She’s all “…why? I’m defending your honor, here. I”M NOT EVEN TIRED I COULD GO ALL DAY.”
(and every girl watching this wished so hard they could have a friend like Mako-chan in their middle school)
Mako will defend the SHIT out of your honor. And I love how those guys weren’t even threatening her or using physical force, and yet she up and flipped them and tossed them into a pile. BECAUSE NOBODY MESSES WITH ONE OF HER GIRLS.
I love title sequences, seriously.
[EPISODE] 88. The Final Battle Between Light and Darkness! Love Sworn to the Future.
Japanese name: 光と闇の最終決戦! 未来へ誓う愛
Romanized name: Hikari to yami no saishuu kessen! Mirai e chikau ai
Original Airdate: 3-5-1994
Director: Takuya Igarashi
Writer: Sukehiro Tomita
Animation Director: Kazuko Tadano
Synopsis: The Sailor Senshi and Tuxedo Mask race to save Chibiusa as well as stop Death Phantom.
- There was no monster-of-the-day.
- This episode featured the final appearances of Moon Crystal Power, Black Lady and Wiseman/Death Phantom.
- This was Kazuko Tadano’s last episode as animation director.
- The background song for the battle between Death Phantom and the Sailor Senshi, “La Soldier”, is originally from the 1993 Sailor Moon musical Alternate Legend: Dark Kingdom Revival Story.
- In the R Movie, the Silver Crystal was lotus-shaped. Here, the Silver Crystals are small and orb-like.
- As Sailor Jupiter invoked Jupiter Star Power, the stripe style on her collar changed.
- In the English version (“Final Battle”), Tuxedo Mask and the Sailor Scouts encouraged Serena (as Neo-Queen Serenity) to fight Doom Phantom. However, the original showed the opposite - the Sailor Senshi and Mamoru pleaded with Usagi to stop because she could die if she continued to use the Silver Crystal in her weakened state.
- As Chibiusa approached her parents and the future Sailor Senshi on the hill, Sailor Mercury was missing her tiara.
- This was the last episode shown in both mainland China and Sweden’s respective dubs.
[EPISODE] 86. Saphir Dies! Wiseman’s Trap.
Japanese name: サフィール絶命! ワイズマンの罠
Romanized name: Safiiru zetsumei! Waizuman no wana
Original Airdate: 2-19-1994
Director: Kounosuke Uda
Writer: Katsuyuki Sumizawa
Animation Director: Shinya Hasegawa
Synopsis: After Wiseman attacks him for insubordination, Saphir escapes to the past.
- There was no monster-of-the-day.
- Saphir and the Ayakashi Sisters were seen for the last time.
- Wiseman’s real name, Death Phantom, is mentioned.
- In the English version (“Brotherly Love”), Death Phantom was called “Doom Phantom”, and Saphir/Sapphire’s death was edited. The final scene involving the Ayakashi Sisters was also trimmed down to only show Petz/Prizma.
- Chibiusa’s teacup had a drawing of a rabbit head next to the word “Chibi”. Her name is a combination of “chibi” (meaning “small”, “childlike” or “runt”) and “usa” of “usagi” (meaning “rabbit”).