So I just saw this long-ass rant (not posted on this site) about how Usagi “is playing God” by “deciding which villains she saves” and how she’s “not sweet at all.”
I swear to God it’s the same person who was trying to convince me that NQS was a dictator on DeviantArt, lol. Especially since they seem to firmly believe that the Black Moon Clan are guiltless little angels and never, you know, committed genocide or burt little girls’ faces off (it’s in the manga)
As for the comments about her not saving all of the Black Moon Clan
- Rubeus was killed before she knew he was being controlled. ALSO, he died in an explosion that Usagi literally couldn’t have saved him from; they could only teleport with one extra person, and that person was Chibiusa.
- Esmeraude died in the guise of a dragon. None of the Senshi knew it was her until she was actually killed.
- She didn’t choose to let Saffir die, he was murdered by Wiseman and Usagi couldn’t help him in time. She was shown to be very saddened by his death.
- Aside from the fact Diamond tried to rape her, he was fatally injured protecting her from Wiseman. If she had used the Silver Crystal to heal him, it probably would have drained her life energy.
- As for Beryl, once again, it’s never stated that Usagi knew she was being controlled. When Beryl died, she was trying to murder Usagi. Why would you resurrect someone who was trying to murder you?
Finally, all of these deaths happened very early on, before Usagi had completely mastered the Silver Crystal. She could have died trying to bring back people who could have gone right back to committing atrocities. Not to mention it’s not like Usagi can just snap her fingers and bring back the dead. It doesn’t work like that.
I’m sorry, this just made my head ache.
The advertisement for the first set of gashapons.
me whenever I see something creepy move
Fun little tidbit- in the anime, her tiara just fades away to reveal the crescent moon marking. In the manga, it shatters and she’s not seen with a tiara until she receives a power-up from Queen Serenity at the end of the arc.
She’s so much like Usagi it hurts! XD
Today’s featured hairstyle is Neo Queen Serenity’s hair, seen frequently throughout R, particularly from episode 83 onward.
Being Usagi’s future self, Neo Queen Serenity is clearly meant to appear as an older, more graceful and elegant version of Usagi. However, we do still get to see her silly side occasionally— we learn from Diana in SuperS that the Queen and King often fake illnesses to get out of meetings, and she is quite excited by the souvenirs that Chibiusa brings to the future, asking for more. Although many have an almost goddess-like image of Neo Queen Serenity, it is clear that she is simply Usagi doing her best to bring love and hope to the people of Earth, all the while striving to maintain her own identity and raise her daughter well.
Her hair is of course similar to that of Usagi’s, but it is longer, with a more distinct curl at the end, and some looser pieces framing her face as she had when she was Princess Serenity. It seems to trail on to the floor, giving her an ethereal appearance. Rather than the hair pearls she has as Princess Serenity, she wears a crown, affirming her position as Queen.
Just an interesting note… the heart with wings on her crown somewhat resembles the Crisis Moon Compact from SuperS:
Perhaps this was an intentional reference to Usagi’s position as future royalty, and Chibiusa’s position as Princess?
I really love Serenity’s tiara! <33